- Jem’s chin would come up, and he would gaze at Mrs. Dubose with a face devoid of resentment.
- Had not Sinkfield made a bold stroke to preserve his holdings, Maycomb would have sat in the middle of Winston Swamp, a place totally devoid of interest.
- Here Judge Taylor glanced sharply at the witness and must have decided his speculations devoid of evil intent, for he subsided sleepily.
There are no more uses of "devoid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She imagines a world devoid of emotion.
- He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love.
Go to more samples
Martin Luther King, Jr.