- Apparently Mayella’s recital had given her confidence, but it was not her father’s brash kind: there was something stealthy about hers, like a steady-eyed cat with a twitchy tail.
- Miss Caroline apparently thought I was lying.
- Apparently she had revived enough to persevere in her profession.
- Apparently deciding that it was easier to define primitive baptistry than closed communion, Miss Maudie said: "Foot-washers believe anything that’s pleasure is a sin."
- Apparently you had to kick and holler, you had to be overpowered and stomped on, preferably knocked stone cold.
- Mr. Merriweather, a faithful Methodist under duress, apparently saw nothing personal in singing, "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me…"
There are no more uses of "apparent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the dry fields.
- The committee investigated some apparent discrepancies.
Go to more samples