- "I want to get one of those dogs," she said earnestly.
- I was immediately struck by the number of young Englishmen dotted about; all well dressed, all looking a little hungry, and all talking in low, earnest voices to solid and prosperous Americans.
- "— So I took one look at him," said Mr. Wolfshiem, shaking my hand earnestly, "and what do you think I did?"
- He was talking intently across the table at her, and in his earnestness his hand had fallen upon and covered her own.
- Daisy, that’s all over now," he said earnestly.
There are no more uses of "earnest" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Both sides were deeply in earnest, even passionate.
- She has a casual, go-with-the-flow personality and doesn’t appreciate his earnestness.
Go to more samples