- Then leaders emerged, then laws were made, then codes came into being.
- Grampa was emerging from the bedroom, and as in the morning, he fumbled with the buttons of his fly.
- "Oh, Casy!" The preacher emerged from under the tank, sat up, and then stood up and moved toward the house.
- He drank from the end and then turned the stream over his head and face, and emerged dripping.
- For man, unlike any other thing organic or inorganic in the universe, grows beyond his work, walks up the stairs of his concepts, emerges ahead of his accomplishments.
- Huston himself emerged from the darkness.
- They emerged from the orchard into the dusty street between the red shacks.
- He emerged in an orchard.
There are no more uses of "emerge" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- China recently emerged as a world power.
- The idea emerged at a Student Council meeting.
Go to more samples