- But them"—he indicated the disappearing Zephyr—"them kind costs as much as a good size house.
- She touched Connie and indicated the man with her eyes, and then Connie and Rose of Sharon giggled softly to themselves, and the giggles got the best of them.
- Al saw the dark brooding eyes of his brother, and the prison calm, the smooth hard face trained to indicate nothing to a prison guard, neither resistance nor slavishness.
- Al was one with his engine, every nerve listening for weaknesses, for the thumps or squeals, hums and chattering that indicate a change that may cause a breakdown.
- Al, bending over the wheel, kept shifting eyes from the road to the instrument panel, watching the ammeter needle, which jerked suspiciously, watching the oil gauge and the heat indicator.
- She bridles a little, fixes her back hair so that her breasts will lift with her raised arms, passes the time of day and indicates great things, great times, great jokes.
There are no more uses of "indicate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- These maps are drawn with north to the top unless otherwise indicated.
- She did not indicate which candidate she supports.
Go to more samples