- And then the dispossessed were drawn west—from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico; from Nevada and Arkansas families, tribes, dusted out, tractored out.
- And the dispossessed, the migrants, flowed into California, two hundred and fifty thousand, and three hundred thousand.
- And new waves were on the way, new waves of the dispossessed and the homeless, hardened, intent, and dangerous.
- The land fell into fewer hands, the number of the dispossessed increased, and every effort of the great owners was directed at repression.
There are no more uses of "dispossess" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In the countersuit she charged that the lenders were conspiring to dispossess her of her property.
- attempting to ease the suffering of the dispossessed people
Go to more samples