- They had mocked him through his misery and remorse,
- A sound of subterranean flute playing came up and was almost lost in the steady remorseless persistence of the drums.
- Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain.
- Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous … Like drums, like the men singing for the corn, like magic, the words repeated and repeated themselves in his head.
- In the chaos of grief and remorse that filled his mind it was the one articulate word.
- But his mind was elsewhere–with death, with his grief, and his remorse; mechanicaly, without consciousness of what he was doing, he began to shoulder his way through the crowd.
- Grief and remorse, compassion and duty–all were forgotten now and, as it were, absorbed into an intense overpowering hatred of these less than human monsters.
There are no more uses of "remorse" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- There was no sign of remorse until the police caught her.
- I expressed my remorse at having let them down.
Go to more samples