- But Henry’s tone was almost, for a moment, melancholy.
- Turning, with eyes a little saddened by the recollection, of Benito’s curly blackness, she saw in a corner the small thin body, the melancholy face of Bernard Marx.
- Pale, her blue eyes clouded with an unwonted melancholy, she sat in a corner, cut off from those who surrounded her by an emotion which they did not share.
There are no more uses of "melancholy" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Since her dog died she’s been in a melancholy mood.
- This weather makes me melancholy. I can’t wait for spring,
Go to more samples