- Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy.
- When there were no external records that you could refer to, even the outline of your own life lost its sharpness.
- If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then?
- It struck him that in moments of crisis one is never fighting against an external enemy, but always against one’s own body.
- For in that case each would still be a self-contained universe, freed for ever from the sobering influence of external danger.
- You believe that reality is something objective, external, existing in its own right.
- But I tell you, Winston, that reality is not external.
- Power over matter — external reality, as you would call it — is not important.
- By what external standard could you check its judgements?
There are no more uses of "external" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- External trade makes up almost half of the country’s economy.
- This medicine is for external use only.
Go to more samples