- There, too, in tiny clear lettering, the same slogans were inscribed, and on the other face of the coin the head of Big Brother.
- But he lingered for some minutes more, talking to the old man, whose name, he discovered, was not Weeks-as one might have gathered from the inscription over the shop-front — but Charrington.
- The inscription on the title-page ran: THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF OLIGARCHICAL COLLECTIVISM by Emmanuel Goldstein
- Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets — anything that might throw light upon the past had been systematically altered.
There are no more uses of "inscribe" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The ring was inscribed with these words...
- She has her name and office phone number inscribed on her iPad.
Go to more samples