- The messages he had received referred to articles or news items which for one reason or another it was thought necessary to alter, or, as the official phrase had it, to rectify.
- On occasion he had even been entrusted with the rectification of The Times leading articles, which were written entirely in Newspeak.
- Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version.
- 84 bb speech malreported africa rectify times 19.
- 84 miniplenty malquoted chocolate rectify times 3.
- Winston’s job was to rectify the original figures by making them agree with the later ones.
- Fortunately the piece of work he was engaged on was mere routine, the rectification of a long list of figures, not needing close attention.
- Reports and records of all kinds, newspapers, books, pamphlets, films, sound-tracks, photographs — all had to be rectified at lightning speed.
There are no more uses of "rectify" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I am doing what I can to rectify the error.
- We are working to rectify the accounts and send refunds to everyone who was overbilled.
Go to more samples