- ...and he seems to have felt pity for her, and forbearance towards her.
- Towards Mr. Pocket, as a grown-up infant with no notion of his own interests, they showed the complacent forbearance I had heard them express.
- Quite despairing of making my mind clear to Wemmick on this point, I forbore to try.
- Forasmuch as they hang in my memory by only this one slender thread, I don’t know what they did, except that they forbore to remove me.
- But reflecting, before I got into his room, which was at the back of the house and adjoined mine, that he and Startop had had a harder day than I, and were fatigued, I forbore.
- But, it was only the pleasanter to turn to Biddy and to Joe, whose great forbearance shone more brightly than before, if that could be, contrasted with this brazen pretender.
There are no more uses of "forbearance" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She recommended regulatory forbearance while the banks repair their balance sheets.
- We are to be tested in our patience, our forbearance, our perseverance, our power to endure wrong...
Go to more samples