- It was right to do it, it was kind to do it, it was benevolent to do it, and he would do it again.
- One person of mild and benevolent aspect even gave me a tract ornamented with a woodcut of a malevolent young man fitted up with a perfect sausage-shop of fetters, and entitled TO BE READ IN MY CELL.
- I have no objections to your mentioning, either up town or down town, if such should be your wishes, that it was right to do it, kind to do it, benevolent to do it, and that I would do it again.
There are no more uses of "benevolent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- They called themselves The Benevolent Association because their mission was to help others.
- He thought of himself as a benevolent dictator.
Go to more samples