- After so much time spent in painful labour, to arrive at once at the summit of my desires was the most gratifying consummation of my toils.
- You seek for knowledge and wisdom, as I once did; and I ardently hope that the gratification of your wishes may not be a serpent to sting you, as mine has been.
- You may easily imagine that I was much gratified by the offered communication, yet I could not endure that he should renew his grief by a recital of his misfortunes.
- At length I wandered towards these mountains, and have ranged through their immense recesses, consumed by a burning passion which you alone can gratify.
- My senses were gratified and refreshed by a thousand scents of delight and a thousand sights of beauty.
- What I ask of you is reasonable and moderate; I demand a creature of another sex, but as hideous as myself; the gratification is small, but it is all that I can receive, and it shall content me.
- If these feelings had not found an imaginary gratification, the appearance of the city had yet in itself sufficient beauty to obtain our admiration.
There are no more uses of "gratification" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- to my gratification she arrived on time
- dull repetitious work gives me no gratification
Go to more samples