- I have no ambition to lose my life on the post-road between St. Petersburgh and Archangel.
- Well, these are useless complaints; I shall certainly find no friend on the wide ocean, nor even here in Archangel, among merchants and seamen.
- Your affectionate brother, R. Walton Letter 2 To Mrs. Saville, England Archangel, 28th March, 17— How slowly the time passes here, encompassed as I am by frost and snow!
- This letter will reach England by a merchantman now on its homeward voyage from Archangel; more fortunate than I, who may not see my native land, perhaps, for many years.
- All my speculations and hopes are as nothing, and like the archangel who aspired to omnipotence, I am chained in an eternal hell.
There are no more uses of "archangel" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Some refer to Gabriel as an archangel or as the angel of death.
- But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"
Go to more samples
Jude 1:9 (NIV)