- The young girl spoke in high and enthusiastic terms of her mother, who, born in freedom, spurned the bondage to which she was now reduced.
- Yet you, my creator, detest and spurn me, thy creature, to whom thou art bound by ties only dissoluble by the annihilation of one of us.
- They spurn and hate me.
- But again when I reflected that they had spurned and deserted me, anger returned, a rage of anger, and unable to injure anything human, I turned my fury towards inanimate objects.
- They were forever ardent and craving; still I desired love and fellowship, and I was still spurned.
- I, the miserable and the abandoned, am an abortion, to be spurned at, and kicked, and trampled on.
There are no more uses of "spurn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Her father—spurned and rejected and lovelorn?
Margaret Peterson Haddix -- Uprising
- I wanted to spurn the Herondale name because I thought I hated my father, but I don’t hate him.
Go to more samples
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire