- As soon as morning dawned I crept from my kennel, that I might view the adjacent cottage and discover if I could remain in the habitation I had found.
- Fit habitation for gods, which, so short a time before, was bleak, damp, and unwholesome.
- As soon as I was convinced that no assistance could save any part of the habitation, I quitted the scene and sought for refuge in the woods.
- The nearer I approached to your habitation, the more deeply did I feel the spirit of revenge enkindled in my heart.
- But it was augmented and rendered sublime by the mighty Alps, whose white and shining pyramids and domes towered above all, as belonging to another earth, the habitations of another race of beings.
- For they had called me mad, and during many months, as I understood, a solitary cell had been my habitation.
- "You propose," replied I, "to fly from the habitations of man, to dwell in those wilds where the beasts of the field will be your only companions.
There are no more uses of "habitat" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- a marine habitat
- They are endangered due to destruction of their rainforest habitats.
Go to more samples