- For some time I was lost in conjecture as to the cause of this, but yesterday an idea struck me, and if it is well founded, I conjure you to avow it.
- Interpret my words with candour and answer me, I conjure you, with confidence and sincerity.
- I walked up and down my room hastily and perturbed, while my imagination conjured up a thousand images to torment and sting me.
- After passing several hours, we returned hopeless, most of my companions believing it to have been a form conjured up by my fancy.
- Answer me, I conjure you by our mutual happiness, with simple truth—Do you not love another?
- But until then, I conjure you, do not mention or allude to it.
There are no more uses of "conjure" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She fears his black magic will conjure up evil spirits.
- The song conjures memories of good times.
Go to more samples