- They DO live more in earnest, more in themselves, and less in surface, change, and frivolous external things.
- I inquired, still preserving my external composure, in spite of her ghastly countenance and strange, exaggerated manner.
- It is to amuse myself that I dwell on such subjects as the lack of external comforts: they never occupy my thoughts, except at the moment when I miss them.
- I rose, and, from a gentlemanly idea of relieving his embarrassment, took up my station in the doorway, surveying the external prospect as I stood.
There are no more uses of "external" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- External trade makes up almost half of the country’s economy.
- This medicine is for external use only.
Go to more samples