- The surprise bewilders me — it will put her out of her head!
- Trembling and bewildered, she held me fast, but the horror gradually passed from her countenance; its paleness gave place to a glow of shame.
- I bid the trembling and bewildered child get down, and enter.
- Tossing about, she increased her feverish bewilderment to madness, and tore the pillow with her teeth; then raising herself up all burning, desired that I would open the window.
- Mr. Linton summoned me, and with great difficulty, and after resorting to many means, we managed to restore her to sensation; but she was all bewildered; she sighed, and moaned, and knew nobody.
- Linton here started from his slumber in bewildered terror, and asked if any one had called his name.
- She trembled like a reed, poor thing, and leant against the table perfectly bewildered.
There are no more uses of "bewilder" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Some of their customs can bewilder travelers.
- I am trying to understand her, but am bewildered.
Go to more samples