- At other times, she would turn petulantly away, and hide her face in her hands, or even push him off angrily; and then he took care to let her alone, for he was certain of doing no good.
- ’Oh, Nelly!’ she added petulantly, jerking her head away from my hands, ’you’ve combed my hair quite out of curl!’
- If that creature knew how bitter, he’d be ashamed to cloud its removal with idle petulance.
- Now, let us have no petulance.
- I set the extinguisher on the flame, receiving as I did so a slap on my hand and a petulant ’cross thing!’
There are no more uses of "petulant" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She stomped her foot like a petulant child.
- She is petulant by nature and was clearly insulted by the question.
Go to more samples