- He stubbornly declined answering for a while: she persevered, and finally persuaded him to hold communion with her through the boards.
- Edgar persevered in his resolution as far as the court; there he lingered.
- Whether she would have got over this fancy if left to herself, or persevered in nursing it perpetually, I cannot say: she had little time to reflect.
- ’To get rid of me, answer my question,’ persevered Mr. Linton.
- ’And why didn’t mamma speak to me about him?’ persevered the child.
- And, hard though it be to crush her buoyant spirit, I must persevere in making her sad while I live, and leaving her solitary when I die.
- I saw she was sorry for his persevering sulkiness and indolence: her conscience reproved her for frightening him off improving himself: she had done it effectually.
- ’And supposing you persevered in your obstinate fast, and died by that means, and they refused to bury you in the precincts of the kirk?’
There are no more uses of "persevere" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We will persevere through these difficult times. Better days are ahead.
- Despite an injured ankle, she persevered in overtime to help her team win.
Go to more samples