- ’Remain where you are, Catherine,’ he said; without any anger in his voice, but with much sorrowful despondency.
- The pure heather-scented air, the bright sunshine, and the gentle canter of Minny, relieved his despondency after a while.
- We knew she was really better, and, therefore, decided that long confinement to a single place produced much of this despondency, and it might be partially removed by a change of scene.
- Well, you dropped Linton with it into a Slough of Despond.
There are no more uses of "despondent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- When her mother died, she was so despondent it was hard for her to get out of bed.
- She was despondent about her failure.
Go to more samples