- "Wherefore dost thou desire it?" inquired Hester, shrinking, she hardly knew why, from this secret bond.
- But now, should you go thither to seek him, you would inquire in vain for the Locofoco Surveyor.
- "Why dost thou smile so at me?" inquired Hester, troubled at the expression of his eyes.
- Methinks, gentlemen, we need inquire no further.
- "Is the worshipful Governor Bellingham within?" inquired Hester.
- "You inquired of me, a little time agone," said he, at length, "my judgment as touching your health."
- "Wilt thou stand here with mother and me, to-morrow noontide?" inquired Pearl.
- "What does this sad little brook say, mother?" inquired she.
- "And will he always keep his hand over his heart?" inquired Pearl.
- The minister had inquired of Hester, with no little interest, the precise time at which the vessel might be expected to depart.
- "What mean you?" inquired Hester, startled more than she permitted to appear.
There are no more uses of "inquire" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Students should contact our office to inquire about scholarship opportunities.
- I am here to inquire about the job.
Go to more samples