(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionrelating to a residential district located on the outskirts of a city (near the city, but far from the center of it)
- It was very quiet out in the suburbs before eight in the morning.
suburbs = a residential district located on the outskirts of a city
- I did need a rest, particularly since I'd gotten up so early that morning in order to see this doctor, who lived out in the suburbs.
- Even in lives like his, professional lives lived out in the suburbs behind shrubbery, there was a strange undertow, a tug from the other world—the drifting, drugged-out, no-last-name youth universe—that knocked people off balance.
- The seclusion room was the size of the average suburban bathroom.
- "A suburban junkie," said Lisa.
- I'm a suburban matron in Brookline.
There are no more uses of "suburban" in Girl Interrupted.
Typical Usage (best examples)