(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionnot flexible (not bendable or adaptable in various senses:)
- not willing to compromise or make concessions — as when a boss says "Do it my way or you're fired."
- not able to adjust well to different conditions — as of a schedule that cannot be changed
- not easily bent without physical damage or injury — as of brittle steel or person with stiff joints
- Suddenly words began to bubble out, swift hot words and there was inflexible hate in the low voice.5.49 (61% in)
- When they looked into her young face and saw there the inflexible loyalty to the old days, they could forget, for a moment, the traitors within their own class who were causing fury, fear and heartbreak.4.41 (50% in)
- But not the women of the Old Guard, and the women were the implacable and inflexible power behind the social throne.5.49 (79% in)
There are no more uses of "inflexible" in Gone with the Wind.
Typical Usage (best examples)