(click/touch triangles for details)
- But the wind had shifted to the north, and already the storm that had come out of the East was receding, rolling away southward to the sea.3.6 -- Book 3 Chapter 6 -- The King of the Golden Hall (50% in)
- Presently the voices began to recede again, and then they slowly faded away.4.3 -- Book 4 Chapter 3 -- The Black Gate is Closed (88% in)
- Day was opening in the sky, and they saw that the mountains were now much further off, receding eastward in a long curve that was lost in the distance.4.4 -- Book 4 Chapter 4 -- Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit (15% in)
- The darkness receded from it until it seemed to shine in the centre of a globe of airy crystal, and the hand that held it sparkled with white fire.4.9 -- Book 4 Chapter 9 -- Shelob's Lair (33% in)
- Sam heard the sound of feet receding.4.10 -- Book 4 Chapter 10 -- The Choices of Master Samwise (92% in)
There are no more uses of "recede" in The Two Towers.
Typical Usage (best examples)