(click/touch triangles for details)
- 'Maybe we're confronted with a gang, with two men working together who just happen to have opposite names.Chapter 9 -- Major Major Major Major (62% in)
- He was an ambitious and humorless Lieutenant Scheisskopf, who confronted his responsibilities soberly and smiled only when some rival officer at the Santa Ana Army Air Force Base came down with a lingering disease.Chapter 8 -- Lieutenant Scheisskopf (17% in)
- His paramount concern throughout the entire assault was to keep his dark glasses and false mustache in place so that he might continue pretending he was somebody else and be spared the dreaded necessity of having to confront them with his authority.Chapter 9 -- Major Major Major Major (79% in)
- Here, briefly, is the military situation that confronts us.Chapter 29 -- Peckem (33% in)
- Colonel Cathcart declared with blustering wrath, whirling to confront Yossarian for the first time.Chapter 40 -- Catch-22 (35% in)
There are no more uses of "confront" in Catch-22.
Typical Usage (best examples)