(click/touch triangles for details)
- The inconsistency and recklessness of Traddles were not to be exceeded by any real politician.Chapters 37-39 (21% in)
- 'And you can hardly think,' said Mr. Spenlow, 'having experience of what we see, in the Commons here, every day, of the various unaccountable and negligent proceedings of men, in respect of their testamentary arrangements — of all subjects, the one on which perhaps the strangest revelations of human inconsistency are to be met with — but that mine are made?'Chapters 37-39 (36% in)
- 'My good Mr. Copperfield!' said Tiffey, laying his hand upon my arm, and shutting up both his eyes as he shook his head: 'if you had been in the Commons as long as I have, you would know that there is no subject on which men are so inconsistent, and so little to be trusted.'Chapters 37-39 (50% in)
- Whatever contradictions and inconsistencies there were within me, as there are within so many of us; whatever might have been so different, and so much better; whatever I had done, in which I had perversely wandered away from the voice of my own heart; I knew nothing of.Chapters 37-39 (71% in)
- These, with their perplexities and inconsistencies, were the shifting quicksands of my mind, from the time of my departure to the time of my return home, three years afterwards.Chapters 58-60 (20% in)
There are no more uses of "inconsistent" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)