- The twins testified their joy by several inconvenient but innocent demonstrations.Chapters 52-54 (48% in)
- I thanked her, without making any demonstration of joy, lest it should induce her to withdraw her assent.Chapters 10-12 (6% in)
- I should have protested against this unnecessary demonstration in my honour, but that I saw Peggotty, on the opposite side of the bed, extremely anxious I should not.Chapters 19-21 (79% in)
- I thought it my duty to hint at the discomfort my aunt would sustain, from living in a continual state of guerilla warfare with Mrs. Crupp; but she disposed of that objection summarily by declaring that, on the first demonstration of hostilities, she was prepared to astonish Mrs. Crupp for the whole remainder of her natural life.Chapters 34-36 (51% in)
- Then I would commence a practical demonstration, to which Dora would pay profound attention, perhaps for five minutes; when she would begin to be dreadfully tired, and would lighten the subject by curling my hair, or trying the effect of my face with my shirt-collar turned down.Chapters 43-45 (52% in)
There are no more uses of "demonstrate" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)