(click/touch triangles for details)
- The discussion of some topics, even with Mrs. Micawber herself (so long the partner of my various vicissitudes, and a woman of a remarkable lucidity of intellect), is, I am led to consider, incompatible with the functions now devolving on me.Chapters 37-39 (66% in)
- 'In bidding adieu to the modern Babylon, where we have undergone many vicissitudes, I trust not ignobly, Mrs. Micawber and myself cannot disguise from our minds that we part, it may be for years and it may be for ever, with an individual linked by strong associations to the altar of our domestic life.Chapters 34-36 (85% in)
- 'I regarded myself as a refuge, for her, from the dangers and vicissitudes of life.Chapters 40-42 (83% in)
- In the evening I started, by that conveyance, down the road I had traversed under so many vicissitudes.Chapters 55-57 (8% in)
- Drawing a chair before one of the coffee-room fires to think about him at my leisure, I gradually fell from the consideration of his happiness to tracing prospects in the live-coals, and to thinking, as they broke and changed, of the principal vicissitudes and separations that had marked my life.Chapters 58-60 (55% in)
There are no more uses of "vicissitudes" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)