(click/touch triangles for details)
- It was after breakfast, and we had been summoned in from the playground, when Mr. Sharp entered and said: 'David Copperfield is to go into the parlour.'Chapters 7-9 (75% in)
- Hither, on the first morning of my so auspiciously beginning life on my own account, the oldest of the regular boys was summoned to show me my business.Chapters 10-12 (46% in)
- The pleasanter face which had replaced his, on the occasion of my last visit, answered to our summons, and went before us to the drawing-room.Chapters 31-33 (49% in)
- I summoned all the resolutions I had made, in all those many days and nights, and all those many conflicts of my heart.Chapters 58-60 (79% in)
- She looked so steadfastly at me: with a kind of doubt, or pity, or suspense in her affection: that I summoned the stronger determination to show her a perfectly cheerful face.Chapters 61-62 (72% in)
There are no more uses of "summon" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)