(click/touch triangles for details)
- I propped my eyelids open with my two forefingers, and looked perseveringly at her as she sat at work; at the little bit of wax-candle she kept for her thread — how old it looked, being so wrinkled in all directions!Chapters 1-3 (36% in)
- 'I think I am earnest and persevering?'Chapters 37-39 (69% in)
- Still, looking forward through this intermediate stage, to the time when there should be a perfect sympathy between Dora and me, and when I should have 'formed her mind' to my entire satisfaction, I persevered, even for months.Chapters 46-48 (84% in)
- I wanted to see how you would come out of the trial, Trot; and you came out nobly — persevering, self-reliant, self-denying!Chapters 52-54 (84% in)
- But for his having been so patient and persevering for so long a time, we never could have hoped to do anything worth speaking of.Chapters 52-54 (89% in)
There are no more uses of "persevere" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)