- Still more so, by the stipulation of implicit confidence which I beg to impose.Chapters 40-42 (97% in)
- 'My late wife loved her second husband, ma'am,' said Mr. Murdstone, 'and trusted implicitly in him.'Chapters 13-15 (69% in)
- 'My son's tutor is a conscientious gentleman; and if I had not implicit reliance on my son, I should have reliance on him.'Chapters 19-21 (44% in)
- I placed implicit faith in this last statement, when I marked the look with which it was accompanied.Chapters 31-33 (43% in)
- I had such implicit confidence in her declaration, that I then put it to Mr. Peggotty, whether it would not seem, in the onset, like distrusting her, to follow her any farther.Chapters 46-48 (60% in)
There are no more uses of "implicit" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)