(click/touch triangles for details)
- I murmured my admiration and approbation.Chapters 16-18 (77% in)
- One night when Miss Murdstone had been developing certain household plans to her brother, of which he signified his approbation, my mother suddenly began to cry, and said she thought she might have been consulted.Chapters 4-6 (12% in)
- 'You are a very remarkable man, Dick!' said my aunt, with an air of unqualified approbation; 'and never pretend to be anything else, for I know better!'Chapters 43-45 (98% in)
- He sneaked back into his cell, amidst a little chorus of approbation; and both Traddles and I experienced a great relief when he was locked in.Chapters 61-62 (52% in)
- 'Ambition, love of approbation, sympathy, and much more, I suppose?Chapters 61-62 (71% in)
There are no more uses of "approbation" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)