- Mr. Micawber is going to a distant country expressly in order that he may be fully understood and appreciated for the first time.Chapters 55-57 (86% in)
- We all took some, but our appreciation of it was gone, and we merely made a show of eating it.Chapters 28-30 (15% in)
- What could I do but tell Miss Mills, with grateful looks and fervent words, how much I appreciated her good offices, and what an inestimable value I set upon her friendship!Chapters 31-33 (91% in)
- I would sooner send him away, though I know I am the only person who appreciates him, than have him, and not spend his money on himself.Chapters 34-36 (50% in)
- 'But when I came to the second part of what had been entrusted to me,' said Mr. Littimer, rubbing his hands uneasily, 'which anybody might have supposed would have been, at all events, appreciated as a kind intention, then the young woman came out in her true colours.Chapters 46-48 (13% in)
- But when his eyes passed on to Agnes, and I saw the rage with which he felt his power over her slipping away, and the exhibition, in their disappointment, of the odious passions that had led him to aspire to one whose virtues he could never appreciate or care for, I was shocked by the mere thought of her having lived, an hour, within sight of such a man.Chapters 52-54 (20% in)
There are no more uses of "appreciate" in David Copperfield.
Typical Usage (best examples)