- Mother, I have been an undutiful trouble to you, and I have my reward; but of late years I have had a kind of glimmering of a purpose in me too.Chapters 55-57 (12% in)
- At first they were faintly discernible in the mist, and above them the later stars still glimmered.Chapters 7-9 (23% in)
- The unwholesome air is so stained with this liquor that even the green eyes of the cat upon her shelf, as they open and shut and glimmer on the visitors, look drunk.Chapters 19-21 (54% in)
- This custodian of George's Gallery in George's absence concludes his proceedings, when he has locked the great doors and turned out all the lights but one, which he leaves to glimmer, by dragging out from a wooden cabin in a corner two mattresses and bedding.Chapters 19-21 (99% in)
- And now the moon rises to separate them, and to glimmer here and there in horizontal lines behind their stems, and to make the avenue a pavement of light among high cathedral arches fantastically broken.Chapters 40-42 (9% in)
There are no more uses of "glimmer" in Bleak House.
Typical Usage (best examples)