(click/touch triangles for details)
- All at once, with some noise, an officer walked in very jauntily, with a peculiar swing of his shoulders at each step.2.1 -- Part 2 Chapter 1 (45% in)
- The master of the establishment was in another room, but he frequently came down some steps into the main room, his jaunty, tarred boots with red turn-over tops coming into view each time before the rest of his person.1.2 -- Part 1 Chapter 2 (2% in)
- And there's pomatum, too, you see, she must have things; petticoats, starched ones, shoes, too, real jaunty ones to show off her foot when she has to step over a puddle.1.2 -- Part 1 Chapter 2 (69% in)
- Ilya Petrovitch drawled with gentlemanly nonchalance; and he walked with some papers to another table, with a jaunty swing of his shoulders at each step.2.1 -- Part 2 Chapter 1 (71% in)
- He felt strangely attracted by the singing and all the noise and uproar in the saloon below.... someone could be heard within dancing frantically, marking time with his heels to the sounds of the guitar and of a thin falsetto voice singing a jaunty air.2.6 -- Part 2 Chapter 6 (15% in)
There are no more uses of "jaunty" in Crime and Punishment.
Typical Usage (best examples)