only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
Definitionunable to communicate clearly (or to use words) in various senses such as:
- unable to find good words to express oneself — "She gets nervous and inarticulate whenever he's around."
- verbally expressing a feeling without words — "She uttered an inarticulate cry of despair."
- unable to make oneself heard and understood — "She mumbled inarticulately."
- unable to speak — "She was inarticulate with rage."
or (more rarely): a feeling or idea that is not expressed — as in "We shared an inarticulate fear."
- This is he; this helpless, inarticulately murmuring, wandering old man pointed out.3.13 -- Fifty-two (79% in)
There are no more uses of "inarticulate" in A Tale of Two Cities.
Typical Usage (best examples)