(click/touch triangles for details)
- Whisk, Passion; whisk, Requiem; whisk, Symphony; whisk ... "Going to the Feelies this evening, Henry?" enquired the Assistant Predestinator.Chapter Three (22% in)
- "Why do the smoke-stacks have those things like balconies around them?" enquired Lenina.Chapter Five (9% in)
- Turning towards him, "What were you playing this afternoon?" the girl on his left enquired.Chapter Five (52% in)
- "Well," Lenina enquired, with significant archness when they met next afternoon on the roof, "did you think it was fun yesterday?"Chapter Six (29% in)
- "What's in those" (remembering The Merchant of Venice) "those caskets?" the Savage enquired when Bernard had rejoined him.Chapter Eleven (62% in)
There are no more uses of "inquire" in Brave New World.
Typical Usage (best examples)