(click/touch triangles for details)
- It was echoed from Saleve, the Juras, and the Alps of Savoy; vivid flashes of lightning dazzled my eyes, illuminating the lake, making it appear like a vast sheet of fire; then for an instant every thing seemed of a pitchy darkness, until the eye recovered itself from the preceding flash.Chapter 7 (45% in)
- But it was augmented and rendered sublime by the mighty Alps, whose white and shining pyramids and domes towered above all, as belonging to another earth, the habitations of another race of beings.Chapter 9 (84% in)
- The country in the neighbourhood of this village resembled, to a greater degree, the scenery of Switzerland; but everything is on a lower scale, and the green hills want the crown of distant white Alps which always attend on the piny mountains of my native country.Chapter 19 (46% in)
- The Alps here come closer to the lake, and we approached the amphitheatre of mountains which forms its eastern boundary.Chapter 22 (96% in)
- I do not doubt that he hovers near the spot which I inhabit, and if he has indeed taken refuge in the Alps, he may be hunted like the chamois and destroyed as a beast of prey.Chapter 23 (87% in)
There are no more uses of "Alps" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)