(click/touch triangles for details)
- I returned home not disappointed, for I have said that I had long considered those authors useless whom the professor reprobated; but I returned not at all the more inclined to recur to these studies in any shape.Chapter 3 (55% in)
- Doubtless my words surprised Henry; he at first believed them to be the wanderings of my disturbed imagination, but the pertinacity with which I continually recurred to the same subject persuaded him that my disorder indeed owed its origin to some uncommon and terrible event.Chapter 5 (85% in)
- Presently I found, by the frequent recurrence of some sound which the stranger repeated after them, that she was endeavouring to learn their language; and the idea instantly occurred to me that I should make use of the same instructions to the same end.Chapter 13 (28% in)
- The question again recurred, to be answered only with groans.Chapter 13 (97% in)
- These questions continually recurred, but I was unable to solve them.Chapter 15 (18% in)
There are no more uses of "recur" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)