used in Frankenstein
(click/touch triangles for details)
in various senses, including:
- to write, carve, or etch words onto something's surface — as in "The names of the major donors will be inscribed on the front wall."
- to write a signed message and/or signature— as in "She inscribed the book with the message: I know this story will speak to your heart. Love Emma"
- to write down something when adding it to a list — as in "Their names were inscribed in the register of at Ellis Island."
- One inscription that he left was in these words: "Prepare!
Chapter 24 (19% in)
- "My reign is not yet over"—these words were legible in one of these inscriptions—"you live, and my power is complete.
Chapter 24 (16% in)
There are no more uses of "inscribe" in Frankenstein.