used in Frankenstein
(click/touch triangles for details)
to write in various formal or special senses including:
- to write, carve, or etch words onto something's surface
- to write a signed message — as in a book given as a gift
- to mark with one's signatureto write down something when adding it to a list
- One inscription that he left was in these words: "Prepare!
Chapter 24 (19% in)
- "My reign is not yet over"—these words were legible in one of these inscriptions—"you live, and my power is complete.
Chapter 24 (16% in)
There are no more uses of "inscribe" in Frankenstein.