(click/touch triangles for details)
- Sometimes my pulse beat so quickly and hardly that I felt the palpitation of every artery; at others, I nearly sank to the ground through languor and extreme weakness.Chapter 5 (29% in)
- I visited Edinburgh with languid eyes and mind; and yet that city might have interested the most unfortunate being.Chapter 19 (65% in)
- I turned with loathing from the woman who could utter so unfeeling a speech to a person just saved, on the very edge of death; but I felt languid and unable to reflect on all that had passed.Chapter 21 (38% in)
- I rushed towards her and embraced her with ardour, but the deadly languor and coldness of the limbs told me that what I now held in my arms had ceased to be the Elizabeth whom I had loved and cherished.Chapter 23 (26% in)
- They retired and I turned towards my friend, but he was sunk in languor and almost deprived of life.Chapter 24 (63% in)
There are no more uses of "languid" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)