used in Frankenstein
only 1 use
(click/touch triangles for details)
not active or growing, but capable of doing so in the future
in various senses, including:
- a volcano that is not erupting and not extinct
- a plant not growing in the winter
- a disease that is not currently causing harm or growing worse, but which is not cured and might grow worse in the future
- a person's talents or feelings that are yet to be realized
- This roused me from my nearly dormant state, and I ate some berries which I found hanging on the trees or lying on the ground.
Chapter 11 (8% in)
There are no more uses of "dormant" in Frankenstein.