- You minutely described in these papers every step you took in the progress of your work; this history was mingled with accounts of domestic occurrences.Chapter 15 (35% in)
- My life had hitherto been remarkably secluded and domestic, and this had given me invincible repugnance to new countenances.Chapter 3 (36% in)
- If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquillity of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved, Caesar would have spared his country, America would have been discovered more gradually, and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed.Chapter 4 (90% in)
- The gentle and domestic manners it described, combined with lofty sentiments and feelings, which had for their object something out of self, accorded well with my experience among my protectors and with the wants which were forever alive in my own bosom.Chapter 15 (10% in)
- I trembled violently at his exordium, and my father continued—"I confess, my son, that I have always looked forward to your marriage with our dear Elizabeth as the tie of our domestic comfort and the stay of my declining years.Chapter 18 (14% in)
There are no more uses of "domestic" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)