- I replied carelessly, and partly in contempt, mentioned the names of my alchemists as the principal authors I had studied.Chapter 3 (46% in)
- Besides, I had a contempt for the uses of modern natural philosophy.Chapter 3 (59% in)
- He heard with attention the little narration concerning my studies and smiled at the names of Cornelius Agrippa and Paracelsus, but without the contempt that M. Krempe had exhibited.Chapter 3 (87% in)
- But I scarcely observed this; rage and hatred had at first deprived me of utterance, and I recovered only to overwhelm him with words expressive of furious detestation and contempt.Chapter 10 (50% in)
- Felix rejected his offers with contempt, yet when he saw the lovely Safie, who was allowed to visit her father and who by her gestures expressed her lively gratitude, the youth could not help owning to his own mind that the captive possessed a treasure which would fully reward his toil and hazard.Chapter 14 (20% in)
There are no more uses of "contempt" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)