(click/touch triangles for details)
- My sufferings were augmented also by the oppressive sense of the injustice and ingratitude of their infliction.Chapter 16 (69% in)
- No one could love a child more than I loved your brother"—tears came into his eyes as he spoke—"but is it not a duty to the survivors that we should refrain from augmenting their unhappiness by an appearance of immoderate grief?Chapter 9 (15% in)
- But it was augmented and rendered sublime by the mighty Alps, whose white and shining pyramids and domes towered above all, as belonging to another earth, the habitations of another race of beings.Chapter 9 (83% in)
- Yet I fear that the same feelings now exist that made you so miserable a year ago, even perhaps augmented by time.Chapter 22 (25% in)
- Frankenstein discovered that I made notes concerning his history; he asked to see them and then himself corrected and augmented them in many places, but principally in giving the life and spirit to the conversations he held with his enemy.Chapter 24 (39% in)
There are no more uses of "augment" in Frankenstein.
Typical Usage (best examples)