used in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
(click/touch triangles for details)
a basic rule or belief
The exact meaning of principle
can depend upon its context. For example:
- "our guiding principles" — basic moral beliefs that guide decisions and behavior
- "electromagnetic principles" — rules describing how the world works
- "She lacks principles." — lacks moral guidelines
- "We agree in principle." — about important basic beliefs
- Hain't you got no principle at all?
Chapter 39 (70% in)
principle = basic moral beliefs (beliefs about what is right and wrong that guide behavior)
- Full of principle.
Chapter 36 (31% in)
There are no more uses of "principle" in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.