- Vigorous puffs, and a resolute stare into the grate, declared he had no ear for this appeal.Chapter 23 (7% in)
- 'Is HE to have any?' she asked, appealing to Heathcliff.Chapter 2 (37% in)
- 'Is she sane?' asked Mrs. Linton, appealing to me.Chapter 10 (66% in)
- As the guest answered nothing, but took his seat, and looked thoroughly indifferent what sentiments she cherished concerning him, she turned and whispered an earnest appeal for liberty to her tormentor.Chapter 10 (88% in)
- At that earnest appeal he turned to her, looking absolutely desperate.Chapter 15 (64% in)
- 'Who is his master?' continued the tiresome girl, appealing to me.Chapter 18 (61% in)
There are no more uses of "appeal" in Wuthering Heights.
Typical Usage (best examples)